Saturday, December 15, 2007

My 1st Digital Camera

It has been a hard progress of getting this 1st digital camera :) Have been surveying for a digital camera for 1 month+ just can’t make a final call which camera is the type that I will go for. Finally, I have made my final decision... :P

Here goes the story:


At the very beginning, I m searching for Panasonic as the function and the design is quite nice. The first model that I m looking for is Panasonic lumix Fx33 (image beside).




During the process of reviewing this camera, I founded another camera which got my attention. It is from Panasonic as well, Panasonic Lumix FX100 (Image beside). The thing that capture my attention is the design and the spec. I found this camera is publish on a magazine and it is being commented by professional photographer and at this point, i really would like to take a real look and test out this camera.

One afternoon, I go to town area and I thought this will be the best time to go and try out the camera. When I walk into law yat, there stand a booth for Panasonic camera... Lucky :P Without 2nd thought, I walk toward the booth and tried out the camera. Just when i decided to buy, the sales person told me that the camera (Fx100 : Black color) is sold out... :S only left is Gold and Silver color. I tried to search for the camera in each and every camera shop in the building, but all the answer I get is “We do not have Black Color in stock”

Then I decide to go for a movie only continue my search. So me and my friend went to Times Square. After we bought the movie ticket, there are still plenty of time so I decide to search at Times Square. But who knows, I just don’t have the luck... :(

Finally is time for movie (Enchanted). It is quite a good movie. Although my mood is not that good becos I can't search the camera that I m looking for, but the movie is still able to make me laugh. :P

After the movie, I continue my search at Sg. Wang, but still don’t have the luck and finally I gave up becos I have search for that camera in abt 15 shop for the whole afternoon but non have it in stock . So I went home and rest.

Just last week, I went out with my sister and brother-in-law. I bring them to a camera shop and test out that camera, and my brother-in-law said the camera is just okok only. As he is using Canon, he do a comparing on Panasonic and Canon. Conclusion is I am brain washed.. haha.. :P

So I do a survey all over again. The differences this time is that I do review on Canon's camera. Since I m searching for small and light weight camera (for the time being), powershot is out… So left only Ixus. I browse through a few Ixus module and this is a few model from Ixus that capture my attention. 950, 960 and 860.










Ixus 960 IS












Ixus 950 IS












Ixus 860 IS ( model that I bought.. ^.^ )

Just a few days ago, I went to Midvalley and I tried out all the model at the same time. :P Guess what. I choose IXUS 860 IS... :P

Finally i realize something which is really true in life "Missed something doesn't really mean something bad. When you missed something maybe it will cause another great thing to happen. When you missed something previously, you will learn to cherish it in the future..." :)

No comments: